Definition for Kayak :-)

Kayak [] n. 1. an oblong banana shaped boat with a hole in the bottom from which the occupant dangles. Can be propelled the wrong way up by experts. (definition courtesy of Pete Knowles)
(And I've got this one from Chris' Kayak Lexicon)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Minnehaha at 135cfs

Sara, Bryan and Art.

Since I had such a hard time with this new boat compared to my creek boat I was looking for some partners in crime to get a better handle on it in moving water.

Art took pitty on me and Sara and Bryan joined us to go to the Minnehaha. Still quite a bit of swimming, but towards the end of the run I was starting to get a bit of a feel for those edges in ferries and eddy turns, which made me very happy. Did a couple of unplanned bow stalls.

It was another exercise to appreciate those really little achievement like. I leaned into a rock! And I hung on to my boat every time I swam! I leaned the right way during a bow stall! :-)

For my river log: Looks like something two people can do at this level easily as long as you watch those strainers!!!

The journey is the destination! But thank you so much Art, that you had sooo much patience with me!!! :-) And thanks Sara & Bryan for the company and rescues of water bottles :-)

No comments: