Definition for Kayak :-)

Kayak [] n. 1. an oblong banana shaped boat with a hole in the bottom from which the occupant dangles. Can be propelled the wrong way up by experts. (definition courtesy of Pete Knowles)
(And I've got this one from Chris' Kayak Lexicon)

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I rolled!

Roll model Nathalie with Lynn. Nathalie is an important roll model for kayakers in general, but especially or paddling women in Minnesota!

Roll model Alex, one of the best rolling instructors you can meet anywhere.

I rolled! Full barrel rolls! Several times! And on command :-) It took me awhile for this to sink in. I was happy and nauseous at the same time! I know I still have a lot to do on my sweep, but I have done it, so I can do it again! Thanks to Alex and Natalie (and motion sickness pills). And despite snacking on a pack of salt & vinegar chips beforehand. I'm telling you, they do not make a really good pre-rolling snack...


There was fun to be had on this amazing evening for everybody: offside rolls, playboating and just general horsing around. Sailing... canoeing...




The sun is setting over Nokomis on our lake session. Oh happy days!

No comments: