Definition for Kayak :-)

Kayak [] n. 1. an oblong banana shaped boat with a hole in the bottom from which the occupant dangles. Can be propelled the wrong way up by experts. (definition courtesy of Pete Knowles)
(And I've got this one from Chris' Kayak Lexicon)

Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Few Weeks Back in Golden October - How Beautiful is My Lake

After a twelve hour day on Monday I hit a natural break at 4pm on Tuesday and decided to treat myself and swap laboratory neon light for some golden afternoon (de)light at the lake!

At home I doned comfy shoes, grabbed my camera and skipped to Lake of the Isles which I surrounded at 100 pph (photos per hour). No seriously 150 pictures in 1 and a half hours! How can this be? Here's 19 of them for you.
I am going to pretty much let the pictures speak for themselves. Just one thing; I felt so happy to live here and the other day as I was killing time at a store while my car was being readied for the MN winter I saw this image wear sweat-shirt that said: "Property of Minnesota". Gosh I wished that had been my size!

End of October and the flowers are still beautiful!








The light changes with every minute with dramatic clouds veiling and unveilig the sun.

Clouds in water made me think of the beginning sequence of "Jazz on a Summer's Day" with reflections in Newport Harbour.

Kayakers who are hardier than I are still going it!

Gosh, that silver three-quarter moon and the pink clouds were just too beautiful. My pictures are just giving you an idea of it, the colors were much more amazing when you were there!

For my European friends: These are Canada Geese and yep, they are as close as they seem!

Downtown Minneapolis is turning the lights on. How cool is it to have all that in walking distance of a metropolitan downtown, huh?!?

That was just like having a two hour vacation that I could right walk to!

No comments: